Foster Your Future, Inc. is an Arizona based, Non-Profit, 501(c)3 Charitable Organization dedicated to providing support programs for homeless and aging out foster young adults that are interested in bettering their future through career and college. By providing housing, food, and support in all needed areas to access a job, career, and educational advancement, Foster Your Future provides real life hope for a better future to these youth. 100% of your donations go directly to supporting these youth. Founders pay for all administrative costs. FYF has volunteers and program employees that work with these young adults to access basic credentials so they can find jobs, learn to drive, access grants for education and enroll in vocational training programs. Your donations go directly to supporting the young adults in housing, food, transportation, furniture, clothing, programs and other items needed to function independently.Foster Your Future is a 501(c)3 Charitable Organization and all contributions are tax deductible to the full extent of the law EIN 47-3468485
There are times when a person should be given a chance to succeed even though they have very little means or support to follow their desired vocational or educational path.
To provide support for homeless young adults and aging out of foster care young adults that want to continue with their education or train in a vocational career and work. Support includes assistance with housing, helping get grants or funding for education and finding an appropriate job. This also includes supporting them in getting the credentials needed for work, providing clothing, food, transportation and household items. The ultimate goal is to gradually transition them to supporting themselves while studying and learning a meaningful career path.
Responsibilities of Young Adult
Prior to moving into Foster Your Future housing
- Complete an application and sign requirements and your commitment to joining Foster Your Future.
- Identify needed credentials and submit applications necessary (SS Card, Birth Certficate, AZ Identification Card)
- Apply for health insurance
- Make a resume with a mentor
- Secure a job
- Get a phone, if needed.
Academic/Vocational activities to be done within 6 months of moving into housing
- Complete career and personality inventories
- Meet with counselor or identify coursework or vocational interests
- Complete grant applications
- Register for classes
Performance in classes at the high school/college/vocational school
- Attend classes as scheduled
- Share test scores with mentor
- Use tutoring as needed to keep grades C or above
- Mentor will have permission to speak with advisor/professors
Care of living area
- With first check,start to pay rent in timely manner
- Keep apartment clean of trash on the floors or counters at all times
- Clean floors, counters, sinks, tub, shower once a week
- Clean kitchen, family/dining room weekly
- Wash clothes weekly
- Work with mentor to meal plan and learn to cook
- Meet with mentor at bank to open and learn about accounts and banking agreements
- Establish a budget with mentor
- A checking and debit account will be maintained as needed to pay bills
Natural consequences that will cause loss of housing and other support
- Use of illegal substances
- Noise and other activities in the living space causing eviction
Get in touch with us
Foster Your Future
13235 N. Verde River Dr.
P.O. BOX 397
Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
Have questions? Need help? Feel free to drop us a line anytime!