Foster Your Future, Inc. is an Arizona based all volunteer, Non-Profit, 501(c)3 Charitable Organization dedicated to providing support programs for homeless and aging our foster young adults that are interested in bettering their future through career and college. By providing housing, food, and support in all needed areas to access a job, career, and educational advancement, Foster Your Future provides real life hope for a better future to these youth. We are volunteer run and 100% of your donation goes directly to supporting these youth. FYF provides volunteers that work with these young adults to access these basic credentials so they can find jobs, access grants for education and enroll in vocational training and finally drive. There are no paid personnel at Foster Your Future. Your donations go directly to supporting the young adults in housing, food, transportation, furniture, clothing, and other items needed to function independently.
There are times when a person should be given a chance to succeed even though they have very little means or support to follow their desired vocational or educational path.
To provide support for homeless young adults and aging out of foster care young adults that want to continue with their education or train in a vocational career and work. Support includes assistance with housing, helping get grants or funding for education and finding an appropriate job. This also includes supporting them in getting the credentials needed for work, providing clothing, food, transportation and household items. The ultimate goal is to gradually transition them to supporting themselves while studying and learning a meaningful career path.
Responsibilities of Young Adult
Prior to moving into Foster Your Future housing
- Complete an application and sign requirements and your commitment to joining Foster Your Future.
- Identify needed credentials and submit applications necessary (SS Card, Birth Certficate, AZ Identification Card)
- Apply for health insurance
- Produce school grade and attendence history to be evaluated for admission
- Make up a resume with a mentor
- Secure a job
- Get a phone, if needed.
Academic/Vocational activities to be done within 2 weeks of moving into housing
- Identify appropriate high school, college or vocational tranining center
- Meet with counselor or identify coursework
- Complete grant applications within a week of moving into housing
- Register for classes
Performance in classes at the high school/college/vocational school
- Attend classes as scheduled
- Share test scores with mentor
- Use tutoring as needed to keep grades C or above
- Mentor will have permission to speak with advisor/professors
Care of living area
- With first check, pay a monthly portion of rent in timely manner
- Keep apartment clean of trash on the floors or counters at all times
- Clean floors, counters, sinks, tub, shower once a week
- Clean kitchen, family/dining room weekly
- Wash clothes weekly
- Work with mentor to meal plan and learn to cook
- Meet with mentor at bank to manage finances
- 85% goes towards living expenses, 10% into savings, 5% for spending
- A checking and debit account will be maintained as needed to pay bills
Natural consequences that will cause loss of housing and other support
- Use of illegal substances
- Noise and other activities in the living space causing eviction
Get in touch with us
Foster Your Future
13235 N. Verde River Dr.
P.O. BOX 397
Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
Have questions? Need help? Feel free to drop us a line anytime!